Planting trees & supporting
5 trees planted for every office yoga class
I’m so happy to be partnered with One Tree Planted to plant 5 trees for every office yoga class I teach. Throughout each tree’s life it will offset over 1 ton of carbon, meaning my classes are all carbon positive.
One Tree Planted work with local community groups in some of the planet’s poorest communities to help them better support themselves and to restore degraded lands by planting trees that not only thrive in poor soil conditions, but that also benefit the local area in a multitude of other ways. This includes providing food for animals, improved water infiltration and protecting soils from wind and water erosion.
Your people can watch their ‘Giving Forest’ grow on your private Green Yoga Dashboard – see how yours might look here. This helps them to visualise the positive impact your classes are having on the planet.
“The fact is that no species has ever had such wholesale control over everything on earth, living or dead, as we now have. That lays upon us, whether we like it or not, an awesome responsibility. In our hands now lies not only our own future, but that of all other living creatures with whom we share the earth.”
5% of all profits to environmental charities
I’ll be donating 5% of all profits to the following charities who are doing excellent work to protect our environment.
- Each year, around 100,000 marine mammals and turtles and 1 million seabirds are killed by plastic pollution.
- This is a global problem, however City to Sea are working to prevent plastic pollution at its source.
- They do this with campaigns about practical solutions like reducing our individual plastic use and influencing businesses to change their packaging.
- Flourishing natural and wild places are of course important for the environment, but as city workers they’re also really beneficial for our mental health.
- London Wildlife Trust protects, restores and creates wild places with its team of conservationists and volunteers.
- They also inspire people across the city to connect with nature, through free guided walks, talks and events.
“We feel that Lucy’s classes really add something to our membership offering and love her giving back initiatives, which fit perfectly with our values.”