Planting trees &
& environmental charities
3 trees planted for every office yoga class
I’m so happy to be partnered with Green Earth Appeal to plant 3 trees for every office yoga class I teach. Throughout each tree’s life it will offset over 1 ton of carbon, meaning my classes are all carbon positive.
Green Earth Appeal work with local farmers and community groups in some of the planet’s poorest communities to help them better support themselves and to restore degraded lands by planting trees that not only thrive in poor soil conditions, but that also benefit the local area in a multitude of other ways. This includes providing food for animals, improved water infiltration and protecting soils from wind and water erosion.
Your people can watch their ‘Giving Forest’ grow on your private Green Yoga Dashboard – see how yours might look here. This helps them to visualise the positive impact your classes are having on the planet.
“The fact is that no species has ever had such wholesale control over everything on earth, living or dead, as we now have. That lays upon us, whether we like it or not, an awesome responsibility. In our hands now lies not only our own future, but that of all other living creatures with whom we share the earth.”
5% of all profits to animal and environmental charities
Living Green Office Yoga is still a relatively new business and as soon as it’s in profit, I’ll be donating 5% of all profits to environmental and animal charities.
Your employees will be able to vote for the charity they’d like to support from the three featured below, through your Green Yoga Dashboard. All Living Green Office Yoga and Living Green Yoga email subscribers will also get to have their say in this vote.
If you have any charities you’d like me to feature please get in touch. I’d love to know who you’d like to support and all suggestions will be considered 🙂
Charities currently featured
Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Bumblebee Conservation Trust aim to ensure that populations of the declining species of bumblebees have a long-term future in the UK.
- Bumblebees contribute significantly to our economy through the ecosystem service that their pollination of crops and wild flowers provide.
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- An international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organisation.
- Their mission is to end the destruction of the habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world’s oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species.
World Land Trust
- An international conservation charity that protects the world’s most biologically significant and threatened habitats acre by acre.
- Through a network of partner organisations around the world, WLT funds the creation of reserves and provides permanent protection for habitats and wildlife.